2019 Rhode Island Cruise
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Friday, July 5, 2019
Rhode Island, New England
New Cruising Fleet members Chick and Alexis Pyle have volunteered to coordinate a cruise in Rhode Island, New England. We will have visits to picturesque Cuttyhunk Island, Block Island, the Newport mansions, the International Yacht Restoration School, Fort Adams, Herreshoff Museum, America’s Cup Museum, New York Yacht Club... and much more.
Narragansett Bay is home to historic and iconic Newport in Rhode Island.
With one of the finest settings for cruising and fine seafood dining, the lobstah rolls and clam chowdah are the world’s finest. This promises to provide SDYC Cruisers with a very unique experience.
There is a charter fleet of six Jeanneau sailboats available for the last week of June of 2019. These boats have three staterooms with two heads. The approximate charter fee for a week is $4000. There might be other boats available if there’s enough interest.
See the Event Links on this page for more information about the charters and activities in the area.
Any questions please contact Chick and Alexis Pyle
Sample Itinerary, June 25 - July 5, 2019 (dates tentative)
- Tues, June 25: Board boats & provision, Portsmouth & Barrington
- Wed & Thur, June 26-27: Newport: Mansions, Fort Adams, Rose Island Lighthouse, Int'l Tennis Hall of Fame, Naval War College Museum, Ten Mile Drive, The Cliff Walk, lunch at Inn at Castle Hill, drinks, snacks & colors at NYYC, dinner at the Black Pearl - Clam "Chowdah"
- Fri & Sat, June 28-29: Sail/motor 20 miles to Block Island. Bike, walk, motor island tours, kayaking, paddle boarding, mudslides at The Oar, dinghy raft up and cocktails
- Sun & Mon, June 30-July 1: Sail downwind 25 miles to Cuttyhunk Island. Lobstah clambake, walking tour, kayaking, dinghy races
- Tues, July 2: Explore Martha’s Vineyard, Buzzards Bay, Sakonnet River and more on your own
- Wed & Thurs, July 3-4: Sail to Bristol for tours of the Americas Cup & Herreshoff museums, dinner with music and fireworks. Next day enjoy the oldest and largest 4th July parade in the country
- Fri, July 5: Sail back to bases in Barrington and Portsmouth, disembark