2019 Rhode Island Cruise
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Friday, July 5, 2019
Rhode Island, New England
New Cruising Fleet members Chick and Alexis Pyle have volunteered to coordinate a cruise in Rhode Island, New England. We will have visits to picturesque Cuttyhunk Island, Block Island, the Newport mansions, the International Yacht Restoration School, Fort Adams, Herreshoff Museum, America’s Cup Museum, New York Yacht Club... and much more.
Narragansett Bay is home to historic and iconic Newport in Rhode Island.
With one of the finest settings for cruising and fine seafood dining, the lobstah rolls and clam chowdah are the world’s finest. This promises to provide SDYC Cruisers with a very unique experience.
There is a charter fleet of six Jeanneau sailboats available for the last week of June of 2019. These boats have three staterooms with two heads. The approximate charter fee for a week is $4000. There might be other boats available if there’s enough interest.
See the Event Links on this page for more information about the charters and activities in the area.
Any questions please contact Chick and Alexis Pyle
Sample Itinerary, June 25 - July 5, 2019 (dates tentative)
- Tues, June 25: Board boats, Portsmouth & Barrington
- Wed, June 26: Bristol: Herreshoff & AC Museums, walking tour 4th of July Parade route, welcome party
- Thur & Fri, June 27-28: Newport: Mansions, NYYC, Fort Adams, Rose Island Lighthouse, Int'l Tennis Hall of Fame, Naval War College Museum, Ten Mile Drive, The Cliff Walk, sundowners at Inn at Castle Hill, lunch or dinner at the Black Pearl - Clam "Chowdah"
- Sat & Sun, June 29-30: Sail, motor 20 miles to Block Island. Bike, walk, motor island tours, kayaking, paddle boarding, mudslides at The Oar, dinghy raft up and cocktails
- Mon, July 1: Sail downwind 25 miles to Cuttyhunk Island. Lobstah clambake, walking tour
- Tues, July 2: Sail, motor up the Sakonnet River, down Narragansett Bay and anchor in Potters Cove, Prudence Island, dinghy raft up and sundowners
- Wed, July 3: Sail, motor down the Bay for Jamestown fireworks and dinner at Conanicut YC
- Thur, July 4: Bus to Bristol, 4th of July Parade, Newport fireworks
- Fri, July 5: Sail back to bases, disembark